Monday 31 January 2011

THE DAYS OF LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL ARE GONE

 31/1/11: An account of my feelings as the transfer window comes to a close and my worship of a local hero is cut short.

  18:00: I'm sitting here on my laptop, Sky Sports Live Transfer Centre open in my other tab and a look of misery and confusion on my face. The transfer window has today completely blown me away. Not only was I excited at the start of the day to see who Newcastle would get in before 11 0'clock, but totally unprepared for the Carroll saga that has ensued before us all. As it is being made pretty clear by most sites, Carroll has just been allowed to enter talks and take up a medical with Liverpool F.C. for a fee suggested of £35 million plus add ons.

18:30: Still sitting here baffled. I have chosen to document this little post in this way to try and catch how I feel over the period of the transfer window's close. Don't understand this all, loyalty is nothing in football now. Unless there is something I am totally unaware of, Carroll (the Newcastle born boy, brought through the academy until a figurehead of the club with the legendary no.9. on his back and an England international cap under his belt) has just turned his back on his team-mates and all the fans that have grown to appreciate him so much. I can only expect this is for money?

18:40: Right, so, yeah of course a complete profit of £35 million is a good thing. Like really good I suppose. But firstly it is very frustrating that this is happening so close to the close of the market as we will struggle to replace Carroll in time, and secondly that money wont be spent until the summer. OR if Ashley is a real c**t he will keep that money for himself like the little piggy he is. I don't really know what to think. Unless we had an idea of who to go for before all this surely a last minute deal wont happen?

18:50: Liverpool are going crazy. Sky Sports is suggesting that they are in talks with C. Adam as I type and also made an approach for Micah Richards. Apparently were willing to go to £20 million but were rejected by City. This is all getting a bit comical, this sheer desperation from Kenny and co. to save their worst season for many years is getting silly. Considering burning my Carroll shirt, although don't want to burn Newcastle shirt... Maybe just rip off his name? Might have to check out price of new one with Barton no.7. on the back now...

19:00: Carroll has just arrived at Liverpool's training ground. I hope he is happy knowing he is letting all his fans and fellow players down. Not sure whether I want him to fail or pass his medical... Hatred has been building for him for a while now and not sure I could take him back if he failed. I point out he has a torn thigh muscle and hasn't started running yet so not really sure how it works, but will he pass if that is the case? Not sure why I bother with players names on my shirt, none of them can be trusted unless you are the Man United's and Barcelona's of the world. But even saying that we had the Rooney madness this season...

19:01: Maybe I should blame all of this on Chelsea and Torres. They started this ridiculous domino effect. I feel so let down.

19:22: Truly depressed. Football is bad for one's health. I have work to do for tomorrow as well... I can't concentrate. Football is about the individual. Team's are nothing. I have lost all faith.

19;42: Agents corrupt players and lead them to attempt to gain as much as possible economically in their short playing careers. I wish all players were a bit more like Matt Le Tissier, a player who was in it for the joy of the game. A real footballer. HOW IS CARROLL WORTH MORE THAN BECKHAM, VILLA, ROONEY AND (maybe) TEVEZ? WTF!?

20:28: I will give it a rest now, Carroll is gone. Nothing more to say. Now what am I going to do with that shirt of mine...

Jesse
 p.s. Here's a great quote: "Everything else -Geordie boy, famous number nine, fog on the bloody Tyne, whatever - goes out the window. Football romance is dead, everyone is a liar, contracts should be printed on toilet paper." - http://nufc.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment